Changes to Administrative Review

Changes to Administrative Review

Administrative Review is for assessing whether the original refusal was incorrect based on the evidence supplied initially.  Under the new rules, additional evidence can now be submitted in certain circumstances according to paragraph AR2.4 of Appendix AR, only if the case worker has made an error (defined in AR2.11(a) or (b)).


Home Office’s lack of clarity in asylum cases

Due to the recent changes in immigration laws, applicants are finding it increasingly more and more difficult to work out the Home Office’s criteria for approving visas. This is most apparent in asylum cases where applicants must go to desperate lengths to prove their suffering and destitution. As the tragic case of an asylum seeker and her baby who starved to death whilst waiting for their papers to be processed demonstrates, the constant rule changing can lead to dire consequences. It’s why at Barar and Associates we keep up to date of all rule changes in a number of different ways. We also strive to help our asylum seekers clients, who statistically are amongst the poorest members of British society, as much as we can to ensure that their case is approved.


Hire Immigration Solicitors in Oxford Street

Although dealing with immigration issues, whether that’s knowing how to legally obtain a Sponsorship License Registration, through to dealing with Tier 1 General Extensions can seems like a daunting and difficult task, if you are local to London, then we can help and support you with this legal area.

It’s important to remember that If you are an EEA national in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person you must have comprehensive sickness insurance for the duration of your stay in the UK.

When you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years, you can apply for confirmation of permanent residence.

If you have a right to live the in the UK, your family may join you here. Your family is defined as:

  • your spouse (husband or wife) or civil partner;
  • any children or grandchildren of you, your spouse or your civil partner who are under 21 years of age or who are dependent on you; and
  • the parents or grandparents of you, your spouse or your civil partner.
  • If you are a student, only your spouse or civil partner and dependent children have a right of residence.
  • Other relatives (including extended family members such as brothers, sisters and cousins) do not have an automatic right to live in the UK. To be considered, they must be able to show that they are dependent on you.
  • If you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a durable relationship with each other.

We’ll always ensure that you are kept fully informed with regards to the process of any application we are processing for you. Unlike other firms within the local area, immigration, asylum and Human Rights are the only three key areas we work in. This means that with us you are truly getting the most experienced and specialist advice and help available.

On our website you’ll be able to find a wealth of information as to what we can provide for you. This includes a list of our clients which will help give you an even better idea of the type of work we carry out and deliver.

If you would like more information with regards to the immigration legal services we provide here at Barar Associates, then please call us on 020 7487 8370. We look forward to hearing from you.

Send A Message to Khayrullo Abdullaev

Send A Message to Zareen Haque

Send A Message to Julie Kieffer

Send A Message to Pam Barar