Apply for EU Settlement Scheme
Learn what you, as an EEA national, need to do to secure your right to live, work and study in the UK for yourself and your family members after Brexit. So, Barar & Associates can assist you in this stressful and confusing time.
EEA nationals and their family members need to apply for pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme to regularise their stay in the UK and ensure that they can remain once Brexit happens.
- Pre-settled status = If the applicant has been residing continuously in the UK for less than 5 years.
- Settled status = If the applicant has been residing continuously in the UK for 5 years or more.
Depending on whether the UK will secure a Brexit deal with the EU, the deadline to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme is different. Our team of expert immigration lawyers will be happy to advise you on when you and your family should apply.
Futhermore, applications under the EU Settlement Scheme are free of charge, and the steps to apply are listed below:
1. EU Exit: ID Document Check app to check and confirm identity. Possibility to make an appointment (this can be chargeable) if no access to the app.
2. Completion of the EU Settlement online application form.
3. Submission of relevant documents to support the application.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to book a consultation or simply talk to one member of our team.